Associations Forum undertakes practical surveys every year which are used by the associations and charities sector as standard reference points and are free to members that participate. Members who do not participate in our surveys can purchase the report for a discounted rate. Our surveys include Associations Salary Survey, Board Survey, Membership and Services Survey, and Association Events Survey.
For more information or to purchase a copy of any of our survey reports please call 02 9904 8200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Associations Salary Survey 2021
Wentworth Advantage and Associations Forum are in the 13th year of producing a dedicated salary resource for professionals and Board members in the association sector. The comprehensive 90-page report highlights salary and employment trends throughout the associations sector and identifies emerging market trends and business changes. There are twelve positions examined in detail in the report.
- Changes in remuneration were more modest than in previous years, regardless of whether salaries rose or fell.
- HR Manager positions received the largest total salary package increase.
- Policy Managers recorded the largest total salary package decrease.
The 90-page Associations Salary Survey 2021 can be purchased for $190 (NFP members) and $490 (NFP non-members).
Association Board Survey 2020
The Association Board Survey, which has been conducted annually since 2008, examines a number of questions including Board composition and association governance. We have observed some interesting trends in association governance over the years relating to Board sizes and the duration Board members are serving.
- The long-term trend towards smaller Boards seems to have stabilised with the average number of directors sitting at 9.2, a slight decrease from last year’s average of 9.7.
- The average number of online meetings increased to 4.9 (up from 1.7 in 2019).
- With 66.8% of organisations currently reviewing or having reviewed their constitution within the last 2 years, there is an encouraging trend towards improving governance structures, which result from regular constitutional reviews.
- There is a continuation of the trend towards improving Board performance through increased budgets for Board training, with 52.1% of organisations allocating funding for directors’ professional development.
- 1% of the organisations (down from 20.7 % in 2019) pay directors a fee other than expenses reimbursement.
The 14-page Association Board Survey 2020 can be purchased for $50 (NFP members) and $90 (NFP non-members).
Association Events Survey 2020 - COVID-19 Special Edition
The Association Events Survey aims to explore the events that associations are running, how they are being produced, and the trends within the association events sector. As associations are considered to be the second largest sector of the events industry, this survey will be of interest to both associations and those working in the events sector. This special edition of the Associations Events Survey sheds light on the impact of COVID-19 on association events.
- Almost half of the survey respondents reported a decrease in hours worked on events
- A majority of the survey respondents utilised Zoom to run their virtual events
- Over half of the survey respondents reported a shift to running events online. Other respondents stated they were running hybrid events, had canceled their face-to-face events, or had made plans to resume face-to-face events once restrictions had lifted.
The 10-page Association Events Survey Report 2020 can be purchased for $50 (NFP members) and $90 (NFP non-members).
Association Membership and Services Survey 2019
The 12th Membership and Services Survey shows the different services NFPs are offering their members and how member retention rates differ between associations, charities and other NFP organisations.
- Financial year renewals are the most commonly used by the sector
- Member retention rates remain strong, with over 90% retention rates across professional associations, industry associations and charities
- Budget restraints continue to be the most common reason given as to why members do not renew their membership.
- Electronic newsletters remain the most common free benefit offered to members
The 12-page Association Membership and Services Survey Report 2019 can be purchased for $50 (NFP members) and $90 (NFP non-members).