R&CA awarded Association of the Year
Restaurant & Catering Australia (R&CA) was proud to announce that it has been awarded the Association of the Year Award in 2020 from the Associations Forum, the leading organisation assisting associations and charities, with more than 500 associations, charities, clubs, societies, and other not-for-profit organisations counted as members.
R&CA CEO Wes Lambert said that winning the prestigious award was a highlight in what has been an extraordinarily challenging year for R&CA, our members, and the wider industry.
“While it has been a difficult year, we built on R&CA’s strengths and mission by becoming the single source of truth for the industry, by becoming a formidable champion advocating for the industry, and by continuing a culture of wellness in our own organisation”, Mr Lambert said.
Some of our major achievements include:
- Writing a National Restaurant Industry COVIDSafe Plan the COVIDSafe Industry Plans in Queensland.
- Launched a Coronavirus Hub on our website, which has had tens of thousands of visitors since its launch in April.
- Launched the first COVIDSafe Micro Credentials, heavily utilised by both the Queensland and Victorian Governments.
- Successfully advocated for takeaway and delivery in all restaurant and café businesses through lockdowns as well as reductions in commissions and increased flexibility on third party delivery platforms.
- Developed and launched the EatAloneTogether Campaign, which later became the Takeaway Tuesday campaign, resulting in restaurants across Australia recording a 25% revenue increase on Tuesdays.
- Worked collaboratively with the union movement to amend the Restaurant Industry Award at the Fair Work Commission to include temporary variations to allow greater flexibility for employers and employees.
- Worked directly with the Federal Government on JobKeeper, the Landlord Code of Practice and JobMaker as well as with the New South Wales Government on the “Dine & Discover” Dining Vouchers.
- Advocated to State and Territory Governments across Australia to accelerate the re-opening of the hospitality sector and on the relaxation of COVID-19 restrictions.
- Executed the 2020 Awards for Excellence, celebrating the industry during these tough times.
R&CA National President Con Castrisos OAM said “We are so proud to be named 2020 Association of the Year and as for the future, R&CA is well positioned to continue the work we have started and execute our Brand. Engage. Grow Strategy for 2021 as the peak industry body for hospitality in Australia, ensuring that the industry not only survives, but thrives in 2021 and beyond”.
R&CA CEO Wes Lambert said, “We would like to congratulate the other finalists and the Associations Forum for recognising the work of R&CA. But most importantly I would like to thank the R&CA Team, Board and Members for the role they played in making this award a reality”.
Taken from Restaurant & Catering Australia media release December 2020.