UNAA calls for nominations for World Environment Day Awards 2014
Nominations for the 2014 United Nations Association of Australia World Environment Day Awards are now open nationally. Businesses, local governments, community organisations, individuals, schools and the media are invited to nominate in the following Award categories:
* NSW Office of Environment and Heritage Sustainability Leadership Awards
* Swinburne University of Technology Excellence in Sustainable Product Design Award
* Hanson’s Green Building Award
* Virgin Australia Community Award
* Biodiversity Award
* Business Awards
* Environmental School Award
* Excellence in Sustainable Water Management Award
* Individual Award
* Local Government Awards
* Media Award for Environmental Reporting
* Sustainability Education Award
These national awards recognise those from all Australian sectors who display innovation and dedication in their work to protect, manage or restore the environment. This year, the World Environment Day Awards will showcase some of the most important and exciting environmental projects in Australia. The Awards encourage environmental leadership, and promote awareness of environmental issues on a global scale. The World Environment Day Awards are held annually in support of UN World Environment Day (5 June).
Nominations close at 5pm, Thursday 17 April, 2014.
Winners will be announced at the Awards Presentation Dinner to be held on Friday 13 June 2014, at the Crystal Ballroom, Milsons Point Sydney.
For entry forms and further details, please visit www.unaavictoria.org.au