Registered Organisations Governance and Finance Training (Online)
Officers of Registered Organisations under the Fair Work (Registered Organisations) Act 2009 are required to undertake training on the duties of officers that relate to the financial management of registered organisations or their branches.
Associations Forum has been approved by the Registered Organisations Commission (ROC) to provide this training for committee members and other members of registered organisations to obtain a clear understanding of good governance and financial reporting.
This 3-hour training will cover:
• The duties of a member of the committee of management
• The key functions of a committee of management
• The internal and external relationships of the committee of management
• Good governance processes and practices
• Conflict of interest management and related party disclosures
• Financial statements and processes as well as the duties imposed on committee members
• How committee members can assess financial performance and key items
Member Registrations: $750 including GST
Non-Member Registrations: $1000 including GST (NFP only)
Associations Forum will send a tax invoice upon registration for this event.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
John Peacock AM, Chief Executive Officer, Associations Forum
John is one of Australia’s most experienced advisors to associations and charities and is a thought leader for the associations sector. He is a regular presenter, both nationally and internationally, on matters essential to the governance and operations of associations, charities and other mutual bodies.
Since 2000, John has trained and consulted to hundreds of associations and charities, large and small, on strategic planning, governance, Board effectiveness, operations, restructuring, financial issues and external reviews.
His particular areas of specialisation are mergers of associations and developing association plans that can be translated into actions, budgets and job descriptions.