Association Governance, Rules and Planning Workshop
Across Asia and around the world, associations play a vital role in advancing their cause and delivering services to members. Whilst experience and technology make running an association easier, it is harder for volunteers to find time and there are more competitors offering alternatives.
Does your association:
- Struggle to retain existing and recruit new members?
- Have overworked volunteers?
- Seek greater income and a stronger financial base?
- Question whether your executive committee structure and rules are best practice?
- Wonder about the best technology to communicate with members and make administration easy?
- Have less delegates to events than you desire or deserve?
If so, these free practical workshops are for you and your association, chamber, institute or society!
Singapore has a wide range of associations that are encouraged to operate by the government. These workshops are designed to allow Singaporean associations to best perform their role in advancing their cause and helping members.
The workshops will be presented by John Peacock, Chief Executive Officer, Associations Forum. John is an association governance and management specialist who has been working with associations in Singapore and Asia since 2009. John presents in an informative and engaging style that allows for interaction between delegates to support his expert knowledge.
Associations Forum is an Australian-based organisation that specialises in information, education and advice to membership-based associations.
The Association Governance, Rules and Planning Workshop will cover:
- Governance and the respective role of Boards, staff and members
- Constitutions: what to (and what not to) include in your Rules
- Planning: the crucial need to have direction and accountability
- Finances: getting the balance right between saving & investing
There is no charge to attend these workshops.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
John Peacock, Chief Executive Officer, Associations Forum
John is the Chief Executive Officer of Associations Forum and is one of Australia’s most experienced advisors to associations and charities and is a thought leader for the not-for-profit sector.
With a BCom (University of NSW), he has held senior management and Directorship roles with various not-for-profit organisations. Since 2000, John has trained and consulted to hundreds of associations and charities, large and small, on strategic planning, governance, board effectiveness, operations, restructuring and financial issues.
As well as engagement on specific projects, John’s consulting business undertakes whole-of-organisation reviews of associations and charities. John’s operational specialisation is developing plans that can be translated into actions, budgets and job descriptions. His change specialisation is in the field of mergers of associations.