- Home »
- Events »
- Events Around Australia »
- SA Association Lunch: “They are Perfectly Entitled to Vote Against Us” – An Advocacy Case Study on Franking Credits
SA Association Lunch: “They are Perfectly Entitled to Vote Against Us” – An Advocacy Case Study on Franking Credits
Join us for our Association Lunch, where John will discuss:
- The Alliance for a Fairer Retirement System’s campaign against Labor’s franking credits policy
- How associations can be powerful voices when they collaborate together
- Innovative examples of how associations can advocate effectively with limited resources
Lunch will be provided.
Registrations: Free (NFP Only)
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
John Maroney, Chief Executive Officer, Self Managed Super Fund Association
John Maroney is the CEO of the SMSF Association, Australia’s peak body in the SMSF Sector and its representation of more than one million SMSF trustees. The Association focuses on improving the quality of advisors, the knowledge of trustees and the credibility and health of a vibrant SMSF community. John has developed strong connections with the SMSF sector’s regulators, ATO, ASIC & FASEA, provided substantial input into official inquiries, Productivity Commission, Franking Credits & Royal Commission, and represented the sector extensively to the Government and media.
John is passionate about helping all Australians be better prepared for a secure and dignified retirement, especially those who have chosen to utilise self-managed superannuation funds as the main component of their retirement saving.
John’s experience includes extensive senior management, Board and consulting roles in superannuation, insurance, Australian and international financial regulation, actuarial and risk management plus managing professional and industry associations.