A Value-Added Service of Associations Forum
Associations Forum has a deep knowledge of the good work of associations, societies, institutes, colleges, councils, clubs and similar member-based associations – and understand their activities and needs. Based upon this knowledge and our contact with our 500 member associations, Associations Forum is pleased to launch Association Company Secretarial Services.
We understand the importance of good governance and will be able to directly assist associations and other not-for-profits with managing their company secretarial function.
Activities covered include:
- Monitoring currency of constitution
- Compliance with regulator reporting requirements
- Agendas of board meetings and committee meetings (if any)
- Minutes of board meetings and committee meetings (if any)
- Formal notice of meetings for AGM or other general meetings
- Minutes of AGM or other general meetings
- General company secretary advice
Practical understanding of good governance
In the associations sector, many organisations rely upon the goodwill of committed volunteers. Whilst this is sometimes sufficient, having a better company secretarial function allows associations to perform their advocacy and services roles knowing that they have quality governance in place.
Having reviewed hundreds of association constitutions over the last decade, Associations Forum understands the necessity of a current constitution with a good structure, clarity on membership definitions and general meeting voting rights, Board composition and the like.
When this is in place, ongoing company secretarial expertise is required for ongoing attention to development of agendas, quality and fit-for-purpose minutes, compliance with regulatory rules and regulations plus internal requirements within the Constitution.
Associations Forum can help with part or all of the company secretarial function, and the amount of services delivered can be adjusted to suit requirements.
- Anshul Aggarwal has governance qualifications from Institute of Company Secretaries of India and Governance Institute of Australia
- Steve Patterson is a Fellow of Governance Institute of Australia and Fellow of CPA Australia.
Anshul Aggarwal and Steve Patterson will be assisted when required by other colleagues.
Please contact Ms Anshul Aggarwal: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 02 9904 8200.